29 December, 2020

Raise your glasses for a toast to a little bit of chicken

I am blogging again for work, though not about my work.

The cultural section of the French embassy in Beijing asked us agricultural counselors to write a series of articles around Christmas-time French food culture for Chinese readers, who are more accustomed to dipping all kinds of ingredients in boiling soup within hot pots during winter. 

After discussing various possibilities and topics, we agreed I would write a series of three articles on French traditional poultry Christmas recipes. I have tried to write the articles so that they are reader-friendly for both French and Chinese readers. 

The three recipes come from my family's cooking books:

Hen in the pot

Roasted capon with chestnut stuffing

Duck magret Rossini style

Ironically, I did not cook any Christmas meal this year. Although I had moved into my new apartment on the 22nd, my cooking utensils have still not arrived from France. The more important consideration for me was to be with family for Christmas. So I flew to Shanghai where I enjoyed a very juicy roasted chicken for Christmas lunch with the only family members I have in continental China: my Singaporean cousin Annie and her family.  

 


Chicken fried

Zac Brown band, Home grown, Atlantic

No comments:

Post a Comment