25 December, 2010

Alone on the hill


I am visiting my parents in Chile and taking the opportunity to visit some of the tourist sights in the country.


What has struck me most were the stunning views from the various mountains throughout the country: a real feast for the eyes.


Here are some examples taken from dawn to dusk in the Atacama Desert region in the North of the country.


In a rather strange fashion, all the food I have ordered in the restaurants of the touristy village of San Pedro de Atacama were also beautifully ornate. Sadly, I find the taste of most Chilean food to be a bit bland.



The fool on the hill
The Beatles, 1967-1970 (Blue), Apple Records

1 comment:

  1. From dawn to dusk... looking like the mountain talks - in different lights... Merry Christmas Jo.

    ReplyDelete